- Enter your delivery address (Victorian deliveries only)
- Enter your preferred delivery date
- Order quantity (in square metres). (Minimum order quantity is 30 square metres)
Need help with measurements?
NOTE: If your selected date is unavailable, the next available date will be shown.
Dark Green Leaf
Full Sun to Part Shade
Ideal for Premium Homes
Ordering online is a fast and safe way of ordering your turf. If you need help, please don't hesitate to call 1800 622 340, or contact us for assistance at the link below.
Contact our friendly Staff >
Tall Fescue is a blend of two turf types. It is a hardy variety of turf with a deep root system and a broad leaf blade. It stays green all year round and is ideal for premium lawns. If you water your Tall Fescue during summer you will be rewarded with a beautiful, lush green lawn.
Best grown in full sun to part shade. Will tolerate up to 70% shade.
- Mow every 2-3 weeks
- Mowing height: 50-70mm if grown in full sun, 70-80mm if grown in part shade
- Sharpen mower blades frequently
- Allow to grow to maximum length during the cooler months to maintain colour and vigour.
It is essential that instant turf is laid on moist soil. Then it’s important to water the turf in soon after laying to prevent it from drying out. Watering should wet the sod and the top 30-50 mm of soil. The turf needs to be kept moist over the first few days after laying.
After the root system is fully established, water thoroughly only when required: Once every 7-10 days during warm or hot summer weather (more often on sandy soils), and much less in cooler months.
Remember that infrequent, deep watering promotes a healthy lawn by encouraging the knitting of the turf sod to the soil. Over-watering can be a problem because it encourages excessive growth, disease and root rot.
Guide to watering your new lawn
- Root initiation and development – typically the first week
The turf may require watering three times a day for the first week, depending on the temperature, relative humidity and wind. Do not let Fescue dry out during the first 4 weeks. If the sods open up and cracks appear then you are not watering correctly.
- Soil/root system establishment – typically the second week
Water every second day, and every day if hot and dry, to keep the turf moist.
- Third and fourth weeks
Water less frequently, reducing to twice a week by the fourth week. Only water more on hot and dry days.
- For best results use a slow release fertiliser three times per year (early spring, mid summer and late autumn).
- In the heat of summer avoid over-fertilising or using manure-based products.
- If you need a quick green up, use a liquid fertiliser high in nitrogen to promote a lush green lawn.
Tolerant to many off-the- shelf weed, pest and disease sprays. See manufacturers’ instructions for full details.
Tall Fescue is offered for sale all year round.
- Leaf width: 6.4mm average
- Leaf length: 20.2mm average
- Leaf colour: vibrant green all year round
- Broad leaf structure, soft to the touch
Extremely deep rooted.
Will tolerate minimal salt levels.
Mow your Tall Fescue higher than warm season grasses like Kikuyu, Santa Ana Couch and Kings Pride Soft Leaf Buffalo.
Thickness of sod
Is there somewhere I can go to see the turf varieties displayed?
Yes, if you call us on 1800 622 340 we can let you know where to see our turf varieties.
Can I purchase turf online?
Yes, it’s easy to order from our website. Just click on the Buy Turf section. It’s that simple!
Do I need to lay my new lawn right away or can I leave it to the next day?
It is important that you lay your turf immediately after it is delivered. If you leave your turf for more than 24 hrs it will start to heat up and compost in the stack.
What turf variety is best suited for Pets?
It is best to select a turf variety that repairs itself like Kikuyu, Santa Ana Couch or Kings Pride Soft Leaf Buffalo.
I have a lot of shade in my garden, which is the best choice for this situation?
Kings Pride Soft Leaf Buffalo is the best choice for a shaded lawn.
When is the best time to install new turf?
Warm seasons grasses like Kings Pride Soft Leaf Buffalo, Kikuyu and Santa Ana Couch are best installed from September to April. Tall Fescue can be installed all year round. Remember to water well during the warmer months.
What is top dressing?
Topdressing refers to a layer of sand applied to the top of your newly installed grass. Kings Pride Soft Leaf Buffalo will benefit from being top dressed. After installing your new Buffalo turf apply Approx. 1 cubic metre to 100 square metres.